For more detail Click Here

La Mere Folle...

Talk about anything accordion related here
hais1273
Expert
Expert

La Mere Folle...

Post by hais1273 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Over last weekend we had the great pleasure the visit the Hadleigh French Dance weekend... BOF!, Dave Shepard and Anna Pack and La mere Folle from the Jura were the turns that played for an excellent bal on Saturday evening. La Mere Folle comprised of two Hurdy-gurdies, a wooden recorder or flutey thing, a bag piper and an accordionist. The later two also perform as Duo Synkro who I mentioned last year. This band played a blinding set toward the end of the evening. The piper and one of the 'gurdies tended to play the melody with the other 'gurdie and the accordionist playing rhythm and chords, the recorder harmonized above them all.

I found the accordionists technique fascinating, he created fine, almost jazzy rhythms using left and right hand techniques. They were immense fun to dance too, playing a good selection of bourrees, rondeau, waltzes and mazurkas and so on. I think it was the rhythmic accompanyment from the accordion and the second 'gurdy that made La Mere Folle so compelling.

hais1273
Expert
Expert

Re: La Mere Folle...

Post by hais1273 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 pm

/www.facebook.com/hadleighfrench/photos/ ... 2919727126 and a facebook picture of La Mere Folle.