For more detail Click Here

THE MIGHTY ACCORDION BOOK

Talk about anything accordion related here
DonnieDubh
Improver
Improver

THE MIGHTY ACCORDION BOOK

Post by DonnieDubh » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:15 am

So My copy of the mighty accordion arrived this morning looking forward to working through the excercises and seeing if I can make my left hand work :hb

Soulsaver
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: THE MIGHTY ACCORDION BOOK

Post by Soulsaver » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:46 am

Good book...good luck!
Music Game full rules are on the original (first) post in its thread...viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chinese Accordion Manufacturers - list post #1 here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b]

BobM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BobM » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Soulsaver wrote:Good book...good luck!
Ditto to that. It’s good as a method or just for dipping into for reference.

BobM.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know..

jarvo
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by jarvo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:34 pm

...or as a temporary mouse mat even.. :oops: .......but at least it's handy to be browsed :b {}

BobM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BobM » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 pm

jarvo wrote:...or as a temporary mouse mat even.. :oops: .......but at least it's handy to be browsed :b {}
That’s a no then?

BobM.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know..

DonnieDubh
Improver
Improver

Post by DonnieDubh » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Quite honestly having looked at it this morning I've already learnt a lot just in the first few lessons ask me again in 5 years though

jarvo
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by jarvo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:27 pm

BobM wrote:
jarvo wrote:...or as a temporary mouse mat even.. :oops: .......but at least it's handy to be browsed :b {}
That’s a no then?

BobM.

No... ..I think it's a great learning aid .....just happened to be the nearest thing handy to be used to stop me scratching the desk with the mouse ...and then I can flick it open ...I often sit at the computer strapped into an accordion or something.....

BobM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BobM » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:03 am

One it’s failings (IMO), is that it doesn’t have “real world” examples of the chords, as they might appear in a song, to help put them into a context, and scale fingerings to help link them together.

Still a great book though..

BobM.

Ben_H
Improver
Improver

Post by Ben_H » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:37 am

Looks to be just what I need! Thanks for mentioning it. We'll have to keep the thread going as we work through it, maybe we can provide examples for each other of where the patterns fit when we find them?

DonnieDubh
Improver
Improver

Post by DonnieDubh » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Okay sounds good slowly working through it at the moment also have other Scottish music tutors which touch on Bass