Non-Animal based materials for accordions

Need technical advice regarding repair or renovation of your box? You've come to the right place.
donn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Non-Animal based materials for accordions

Post by donn » Thu May 31, 2018 2:05 am

Viewed from my submarine cruising the sea of ignorance I mentioned, a glued-on stripe might be a lot like adhesive tape in effect. I don't recall that I ever looked closely at bellows.

Shellac is used as a cement in woodwind repair, but it's made from an insect secretion, don't know how humane the process is for the bug. It's a hard resin at room temperature, but liquid under a torch.

Geronimo
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Geronimo » Thu May 31, 2018 9:01 am

donn wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:05 am
Viewed from my submarine cruising the sea of ignorance I mentioned, a glued-on stripe might be a lot like adhesive tape in effect.
They must have impressively better adhesive tape in your region than in mine when several dozen strips of them holding up under movement and storage for half a century is what you'd expect without giving it further thought.

donn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by donn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:39 am

Well, whatever you're looking for here I don't know, but steering back towards the topic, it seems that we agree on the relatively short lifetime of commonly available adhesive tapes.