4 bass rows sunk after transit

Need technical advice regarding repair or renovation of your box? You've come to the right place.
george garside
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: 4 bass rows sunk after transit

Post by george garside » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:46 pm

I have never had a box with peg bass buttons but can't see what difference they should make unless the bass end plate (beneath the bass strap and housing the air button) is made as one part i.e right angled to include the bass keyboard?button board of whatever its correctly called???

Certainly the ones I have done with normal bass buttons on a separate keyboard have taken no more than 10 minutes to pack and the same to unpack.

george

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:45 pm

George,

Seems my schoolboy English is worse than my schoolboy French!

I know what the bass end backplate is (the one with the bass strap attached), and I realise it is that panel that you take off to effect the packing with cardboard you describe. The other comment I made, and which I should probably have left out, related to removal of the bass keyboard cover, if any bass buttons had stuck down in transit.

With standard bass buttons (which I have described in my ignorance as "peg" type), a button or two stuck down is relatively simple as all you need to do is remove the screws on the bass keyboard cover and it will lift off over the buttons.

However, if you look at the bass side in this photo you'll see the mushroom type buttons I'm talking about. In order to take the bass keyboard cover off that accordion you need to unscrew all 80 of the bass buttons off before you loosen the cover screws. The bass buttons screw into nylon ferrules, same as the treble buttons do.
Super-junior-2-détouré-ombre (2).png

george garside
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by george garside » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:07 pm

OK sorry for the confusion!
george

maugein96
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by maugein96 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:31 pm

george garside wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:07 pm
OK sorry for the confusion!
george
My fault as usual. I should have stayed with the subject matter and not complicated the issue, as I'm very prone to do.

Cheers,

John W