Old songs remastered

Your recordings, audio or video - let's have a listen!
JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Old songs remastered

Post by JerryPH » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:29 pm

People that visit my blog know that about a month ago I had found about 5 of my old 4-track cassette tapes on which I recorded some music while I was in my 20's.

After hearing a couple of them and in how bad a condition the tapes were and that they were already quite degraded, I transferred them to digital media format, remastered each song and saved them to MP3 format. A couple still need more work and I will get to them sometme in the near future, but I'd like to share those memories here with you all.

The link to the songs are on this page.

There were even some Christmas songs on those tapes... I completely forgot I even ever recorded them. I might make another post when the Christmas season comes a little closer. :)

Enjoy!
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Old songs remastered

Post by Matt Butcher » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:22 am

Great, thanks for sharing. I love the idea of turning all this music up from the past. Just enjoying "Never on a Sunday"

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 am

Thanks Jerry. A great set of recordings. I think the remastering went pretty well. Good to see your old 4 track functioning to spec.
I too have a box of 4-track tapes from the 80s but having let my son use my Akai in around 2002, I have to report that it only lasted one session in the garage with his music buddies. Maybe I’ll source an old 4-track one day but I doubt it will be compatible.
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Glenn wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 am
Thanks Jerry. A great set of recordings. I think the remastering went pretty well. Good to see your old 4 track functioning to spec.
I too have a box of 4-track tapes from the 80s but having let my son use my Akai in around 2002, I have to report that it only lasted one session in the garage with his music buddies. Maybe I’ll source an old 4-track one day but I doubt it will be compatible.
Thank-you Matt and Glenn.

Glenn, sorry to hear about your 4-track recorder, that's too bad. I've had 2 offers already to purchase mine. It seems there is a good amount of people that used to have them but they don't work or they broke or they sold them, and now they want to recover their old tapes. I might sell mine in the future, but for now, I am keeping this little gem for my use... it sure came in handy, even though I know that the tehcnology is way outdated and one can do so much more now thanks to computers and all kinds of audio interfaces. :)
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Matt Butcher » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Just been enjoying "Esperanza". I do think you've done a great job on the mastering - there tape hiss is there in the background, which doesn't really matter, and all the musical sounds are clear as a bell, as though they'd come straight out of a computer.

jozz
Novice
Novice

Post by jozz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 am

Great man! I love the rythm unit