Metsavendade laul

Your recordings, audio or video - let's have a listen!
Pippa

Metsavendade laul

Post by Pippa » Mon May 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Well, I had a go!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/pippa-hayes/metsavendade-laul[/soundcloud]

Any feedback appreciated. IMO it sounds quite "harsh" - I'm not very good with rhythm on the PA yet... any tips on how to improve? I have a good sense of rhythm (I like to think...) but I think not being so familiar with the instrument interrupts it... yeah OK... I'll practice scales and arpeggios... NOT
32 bass Weltmeister PA, 120 bass Voskhod PA (Soviet, it's in Estonia), 120 bass Hohner Polyphonic 400 PA

Glenn

Re: Metsavendade laul

Post by Glenn » Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Nice one Pippa,

I don't find it harsh (perhaps I don't quite get what you mean by harsh in this context).
The song is a good choice for the voicing you have chosen and I think it is well within your ability range.
I know what you mean by rhythm with a PA. The coordination of the bellows does tend to throw one out of kilter sometimes and that only comes with practice.
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Matt Butcher » Tue May 21, 2013 8:37 am

I listened last night and I enjoyed it, it was quite punchy but I wouldn't say harsh, more stirring really, and as Glenn says you picked a nice low voice for it, good stuff, the coordination will tighten itself up with a bit of practice is all. I enjoyed it.

BobM
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BobM » Tue May 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Pippa wrote: yeah OK... I'll practice scales and arpeggios... NOT
Hi Pippa,

For this piece in F# Minor, I would practice its relative Major scale of A, and also the scale of E, particularly its 2nd degree which is the scale of.. F# minor.

BobM.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know..

Anyanka

Post by Anyanka » Tue May 21, 2013 1:25 pm

I like what you're doing with the rhythm and especially the bass. It matches the spirit of the tune.

Pippa

Post by Pippa » Wed May 22, 2013 7:04 am

Thanks :) And thanks for the advice, I guess it really does just come with practice. I'll keep at it {}
32 bass Weltmeister PA, 120 bass Voskhod PA (Soviet, it's in Estonia), 120 bass Hohner Polyphonic 400 PA

jarvo
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by jarvo » Sun May 26, 2013 10:52 am

Are you wearing bangles..or is it a noisy old banjo.......er,accordion.........?

But the music is great......stirring and bouncing ......just my kind of thang.....nicely played. :tup:

No Kalashnikovs of any discernible note though? :roll:

Don Roberts
Improver
Improver

Post by Don Roberts » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:55 am

Very nicely done Pippa, I'm not familiar with that piece but I like it. Keep up the good work.
C#/D CBA PA GHB SSP other stuff.