Reine de Musette (Very rough) trial

Your recordings, audio or video - let's have a listen!
maugein96
Superstar
Superstar

Reine de Musette (Very rough) trial

Post by maugein96 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:20 am

Just a tester to see what sort of sound quality I could get out of my laptop. I uploaded this as an MP4 to Soundcloud and it automatically converted it to mp3. You'll hear that I was far too close to the microphone with all the grunting and groaning being clearly audible over the track. Our two 10 week old kittens gave me a series of surprise visits and I eventually lost track altogether. Played on my Maugein Mini Basson with 2 voice MM "americain" tuning (at least I think it's americain, just a bit too much vibration for swing tuning). Not great at all, but it's my first go at this, and I'm still working on my playing after a long lay off.

https://soundcloud.com/user-860001495/w ... -31-21-pro

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Re: Reine de Musette (Very rough) trial

Post by Matt Butcher » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 am

Great style, great feeling!!! That was an absolute pleasure to hear. More tomorrow.

Geoff de Limousin
Expert
Expert

Post by Geoff de Limousin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:56 am

You have captured the atmosphere ... your heart is in it.

hais1273
Expert
Expert

Post by hais1273 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:06 am

Cats, kittens and dogs aren't very helpful really. I agree with Matt and Geoff great atmosphere and style.

maugein96
Superstar
Superstar

Post by maugein96 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:57 am

Kittens ran up my trouser leg just before I stopped playing. They really are a handful. Thanks for the kind words, but I've still a fair bit to go before I'd be happy to try a full length tune. I was a reasonably good player until about 20 years ago, when the bonnet of the car I was travelling in flew through the windscreen and severed the tendon which controls movement of the 3rd and 4th finger of my right hand. We hit a skip lorry/dumpster head on when attending an emergency call to a house fire, and the kid who was driving was inexperienced. It was a long road back to recovery, as I had loads of other injuries, and I had to stop playing once or twice to give the hand time to heal properly. I still haven't got full movement back, and never will, but at least I never lost the fingers.

Corsaire
Expert
Expert

Post by Corsaire » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:03 am

I loved it ! It sounds very French and I liked its simplicity - look forward to hearing more ... with or without the kittens !

boxplayer4000
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by boxplayer4000 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:08 am

Well done maugein 96. Great style and very 'french'.
Why not come along to the accordion club meeting tonight at Kelso Rugby Club, from 7pm, and play your piece? You'd be very welcome and get free coffee and biscuits.... (if you play)! Surely an offer difficult to refuse.

maugein96
Superstar
Superstar

Post by maugein96 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:10 am

Thanks Sally,

I've never been able to get much more technical than "simple", even when I could play better! As soon as that "record" button is pressed I start acting like a robot.

maugein96
Superstar
Superstar

Post by maugein96 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:12 am

I'll actually be in Coldingham tonight, boxplayer, sorting out a wee problem with my mother-in-law's caravan. I might consider it in the future though if I can get a wee bit more practice in. If Bob Liddle is there tell him John Walker was asking for him.

boxplayer4000
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by boxplayer4000 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 am

maugein96:
I expect to see Bob Liddle tonight and will pass on your message.
The guest tonight is a player from the Coldingham area, Ewan Galloway, who's come right up the Scottish ladder.