My first YouTube Video

Your recordings, audio or video - let's have a listen!
EMan
Intermediate
Intermediate

My first YouTube Video

Post by EMan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:08 am

Well, I finally got a tune done with the fewest mistakes possible and uploaded my first video. I present here for all on the forum. Please leave feedback either here or on youtube, but pleassssse be honest.

The tune(Grande Amore) was written by Giuseppe Zaffiri in Italy in 1969. It was performed ( where I heard it ) by Tiziano Ghinazzi during a tribute to Carlo Venturi ( I believe). He's a button guy and did an absolutely splendid job on the piece. I hope my version is somewhat reminiscent to his version.
Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpgtyNPyEe8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bobby
Beginner
Beginner

Re: My first YouTube Video

Post by Bobby » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:57 am

Great job Ed. Really enjoyed it.

losthobos
Star
Star

Post by losthobos » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:19 am

Now that's a mighty fine showpiece Ed...perhaps a little rushed though that does add a certain excitement...top work...keep em coming.
Right or wrong make it strong...when in doubt miss it out...

Glenn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Glenn » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:43 am

Hi Ed. A very nice piece indeed and very well played.
Nice sounding accordion too.
You have nailed some very fluid embellishments and the whole thing had great pace.
One observation was that the music felt a bit rushed between sections which then gave the feel that it was all rushed. I have the same issue in that moving from one section of the music to the next it is easy in all the excitement to move on to the next section and get those patterns flowing niceley with out regard to the musicality of the change.
Long story short, breath between sections....... :)

Looking forward to your next performance.
By the way, is the sheet music easily available?
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

hais1273
Expert
Expert

Post by hais1273 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:53 am

Well, I rather liked that, if you played like that a "Bal-Retro" or simialar I'd grab my wife or the nearest young lady and take her for a brisk spinning valse. Good stuff! :) :)

JerryPH
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by JerryPH » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 am

This stuff is not as easy as Ed made it look. ;)
What is not mentioned is all of Ed's hard work in the background tasks, his trials and victories over how to get good audio, good lighting resulting in good video, and then put this all together and then on top of it all, learn from scratch about a new (to him) video app and then do all his own editing and mastering to give you this result.

It's challenging to play to any standard, but toss in all that other stuff, and you have the reason we have so few members making their own videos... It's not that easy to do it right, not to mention that it takes a certain level of courage to put yourself out there in the public light!

He's a fine accordionist that's done a heck of a job both playing and making a high quality video in a relatively short time. Well done! :)

I'd love to see more videos of our forum members and will also make a video or two myself in the coming months as well. Let's see how many people Ed has inspired to give this a try... I'm certainly inspired! :)
My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Matt Butcher » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:46 am

Wow! Thank you for posting Ed. I hope you'll post more as that was magic. I've listened twice and absolutely loved it. I'll listen again later in the day. It was clear from earlier comments that you've made that you knew how to play, but I thought that was exceptional and very fine. I'd love to hear more.

EMan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by EMan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks for all the input guys.

I like the comment about it sounding a bit rushed....really I do. Maybe a little more of a "pregnant pause" between sections might help that. I agree 100 % and will try that on the next video.

Jerry has been a tremendous help and my mentor doing this video stuff. I can't thank him enough. He is very informative and more than willing to share. It is appreciated. And per his comments, I hope my attempt at a video has been inspirational to other members.

I have been working on getting my first video up and out since about September of last yr. That started with research on a cam corder and learning that. Then research and learning an editing software. All the while, try to get one take on a batch of about 10 different songs played with a minimum # of mistakes. I won't say w/o mistakes, as I don't think that I will ever be capable of that.

But thanks again to all for their comments and compliments.

Ed

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Matt Butcher » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi Ed, I was going to say more but I've run out of time for today. Just an example of one thing I liked: in the C section, the way you use dynamics, first of all the small accents that make the beat travel across the bar, then the gradual crescendo over the section, then bang! into the next section. Great stuff. And overall it has got a feeling of fun, excitement and intensity which I think might be your own personal touch. Quite a statement to make with your first video, what's next I wonder?

colinm
Star
Star

Post by colinm » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:15 pm

EMan wrote:Well, I finally got a tune done with the fewest mistakes possible and uploaded my first video. I present here for all on the forum. Please leave feedback either here or on youtube, but pleassssse be honest.

The tune(Grande Amore) was written by Giuseppe Zaffiri in Italy in 1969. It was performed ( where I heard it ) by Tiziano Ghinazzi during a tribute to Carlo Venturi ( I believe). He's a button guy and did an absolutely splendid job on the piece. I hope my version is somewhat reminiscent to his version.
Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpgtyNPyEe8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed
You have obviously been playing for years and have reached a very high standard, way better than me.

You asked for honest feed back - I cant play and smile, not easy is it.

Maybe not quite so fussy a background, but try to get some red in it, a tip from my geography teacher.

Brilliant
Cm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Colinm, vignoni 37/96 double cassotto, scandalli super vi