Fooling around

Your recordings, audio or video - let's have a listen!
Pippa

Fooling around

Post by Pippa » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:36 pm

My sister is a guitarist and I am a pianist, but this is what we get up to at 2 am....

[BBvideo 560,340]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IOEeLo1Ci8[/BBvideo]
32 bass Weltmeister PA, 120 bass Voskhod PA (Soviet, it's in Estonia), 120 bass Hohner Polyphonic 400 PA

Glenn

Re: Fooling around

Post by Glenn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:49 pm

The obvious question is..... why 2am?
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA

mjh
Improver
Improver

Post by mjh » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Well played. Is the violin out of tune, or is it just not tuned to your accordion? I wish I could play in my apartment at night. I got a practice space, I'd hate for someone to play an instrument in my aparment building, so I won't either. I'm a softie. How much did it help with hand/finger independence that you're a pianist to begin with?
[align=left]Jedes Herz ist eine revolutionäre Zelle.[/align]

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Yoiu have broiught up a very actual problem mjh. Practicing when the neighbours are only a paper thin wall away.
I'm lucky and don't have that problem in my current house but when I was in London I always felt guilty when I played which doesn't help with the concentration.
Have yoiu tried playing under a duvet? ;)
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;

donn
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by donn » Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 am

I like that tune, we play it in the Anti-Fascist Marching Band. We start it much slower - and end much faster. No accordions, so naturally it isn't a very serious band.

Pippa

Post by Pippa » Wed May 01, 2013 6:45 am

Glenn wrote:The obvious question is..... why 2am?
I just travelled back from Estonia that day, and we couldn't wait until the morning to all play together!
mjh wrote:Well played. Is the violin out of tune, or is it just not tuned to your accordion?
Honestly it could be either, or both :D
mjh wrote:How much did it help with hand/finger independence that you're a pianist to begin with?
I don't know what it's like as a non-pianist, but I would have to say yes - I've had no problems whatsoever with hand/finger independence. I find it quite hard to play the RH compared to the piano because of the different angle, but my problems are always just with finding the buttons. If I can find the buttons, I can do both at once.
Glenn wrote:Yoiu have broiught up a very actual problem mjh. Practicing when the neighbours are only a paper thin wall away.
My absolute favourite thing about going to my parents' house is being able to play loud at 2 am! (Answer to why 2 am? Because we can!) In Estonia I live in a flat with pretty thin walls, so I always feel a little guilty when I break the accordion out...
32 bass Weltmeister PA, 120 bass Voskhod PA (Soviet, it's in Estonia), 120 bass Hohner Polyphonic 400 PA

mjh
Improver
Improver

Post by mjh » Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Pippa, well put re violin :D Someone keeps a violin at the space I practice at, took a try at it when no one was looking. Needless to say, a lesson in futility was well learned. As for the hand independence, you were spared a lot of the needless frustration. Thankfully this skill needs to be learned just once.

Glenn, no I haven't tried a duvet, is it as effective in hiding the shame of playing an accordion as they say? ;)
[align=left]Jedes Herz ist eine revolutionäre Zelle.[/align]

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Wed May 01, 2013 1:55 pm

The advantage of the duvet is that if you've had enough you can have a quick nap.
In general, I think playing together is the ultimate for a musician. I did it in a jazz/blues band for years.
Now I can't be bothered with all the carrying and setting up and taking down etc.
Accordion and violin goes very well together.
Is there a way we can play together via this forum?
Need to put our thinking caps on for that.

Pippa

Post by Pippa » Wed May 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Glenn wrote:
Is there a way we can play together via this forum?
Need to put our thinking caps on for that.
Almost definitely - my first rendition of this very song with my sister was when I recorded it and sent it to her, and she sent me back a video of her playing along to my recording :D

Matt Butcher
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by Matt Butcher » Wed May 01, 2013 2:28 pm

I know Mr Jarvoid has some ways that people can jam together / record together online... which I never got round to trying till now.

jarvo
Should get out more!
Should get out more!

Post by jarvo » Sat May 04, 2013 1:24 am

Send each other MP3s that you have made.....then you put them into your Recording software as an Import and open another track ,adjust the levels and have at it ........almost as easy as that. :D

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Sat May 04, 2013 6:54 am

This sounds like an interesting project.
It is sort of interactive in the "roger, over and out" style but it might be fun seeing how a group effort transforms a piece.