Dangerous Klezmer!

Music you like and want to share - post the links here.
hais1273
Star
Star

Dangerous Klezmer!

Post by hais1273 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Entertaining, very well played, but bearing in mind you need a hard hat, gloves and safety boots to more or less do anything at work now. What are they doing up that tree? Don't tell the HSE ( Health and Safety Executive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qshjj7eWOYs

I'm beginning to be worried about being Klezmerized. :o

Anyanka

Re: Dangerous Klezmer!

Post by Anyanka » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Great video! And the music's not half bad either...

WaldoW
Expert
Expert

Post by WaldoW » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Too late, I'm klesmerized. Plenty of room for antics in this genre. I notice the fingering on all the instruments to be quite simple, except maybe the clarinet. I'm gonna give it a whirl (so to speak). Thnks for the post.
Press on...

Zevy
Star
Star

Post by Zevy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:02 pm

WaldoW wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:12 pm
Too late, I'm klesmerized. Plenty of room for antics in this genre. I notice the fingering on all the instruments to be quite simple, except maybe the clarinet. I'm gonna give it a whirl (so to speak). Thnks for the post.
Press on...
I didn't want to say anything, but once Waldo posted, I guess I'll say "Ditto".
Zevy
Petosa AM-1100 LMMH, Excelsior “Concert Multi Grand-Model '00'” LMMH, Borsini “Lars Ek Nostalgic” LMMM, Nunziola LMMH, all PA dry tuned

hais1273
Star
Star

Post by hais1273 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:34 am

I hadn't picked up that some of the fingering is fairly simple. But then my knowledge of Double Basses and Fiddles is pretty much non-existent. It shows to me at least, that great music is much more than the sum of it's parts.
I've down loaded a couple of tunes from folk tune finder. A) they are modestly tricky and will need a goodly amount of work to sound good. B) i like the interesting accidentals, it's a pleasingly different sound to the regular folky stuff I play and C) I'm enjoying playing in different keys. Gm Bb and Cm. D) there is no D...!