Lo Tricoutade or La Tricatada 3/8 bourree

Music you like and want to share - post the links here.
hais1273
Star
Star

Lo Tricoutade or La Tricatada 3/8 bourree

Post by hais1273 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:09 am

Here is a very fine Auvergnat bourree, well in my opininion it is. The musicians energy leaps out of the speakers. 3/8 bourrees can sometimes become a bit "skippy" if not not played with verve, panache and vigour. Men should dance a bourree as if they don't care who is watching and the ladies should say they are impressed at the manly showing off...( Even if they aren't!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV51aL51l0Y

TomBR
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Lo Tricoutade or La Tricatada 3/8 bourree

Post by TomBR » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:23 am

That's great, thanks hais.
I like the bouree comments too, it's a great dance. It can be very simple or as complicated as you like, can be quite decorous or quite sexy, also quite funny, "chasing" and retreating etc, all in the same dance. Couples can choose for themselves.

hais1273
Star
Star

Re: Lo Tricoutade or La Tricatada 3/8 bourree

Post by hais1273 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 am

Thanks TomBr. Well, maybe I should qualify my thoughts a little, Auvergnat bourrees should be very exuberant, the Berrichon varieties should be a little more decorous, or so I've been told and as Tom says there are many different bourrees,. Lo Crouzado, Montagnarde, Galinette, or variations in fours or eights and so on. I enjoy dancing Crouzado very much. Complicated bourees are still being developed, a complicted dance called "Andromeda" has been developed recently and Sylvie Nuage, an accordionist from the South of France invents dances to go with her compositions, so there is life in the tradition yet.
Playing 3/8 bourees is quite tricky, the temptation is to put a waltz rhythm to the tune, which can make it a bit skippy.